NWRI Corporate Associates Program
The NWRI Corporate Associates Program is designed to promote collaboration and information exchange between our corporate partners, the water and wastewater utilities that serve as NWRI member agencies, and our colleagues in the water industry.
In 2011, the Corporate Associates Program was refined and improved to become more interactive in:
- Identifying and discussing issues of common interest.
- Gathering and sharing critical information.
- Building partnerships to address problems and promote advancements in our industry.
Current NWRI Corporate Associates
NWRI gratefully acknowledges the support provided by our current Corporate Associate members:
- Black & Veatch
- Carollo Engineers, Inc.
- CDM Smith
- Hazen and Sawyer
- Kennedy/Jenks Consultants
- RMC Water and Environment
- Trussell Technologies, Inc.
- Water Planet, Inc.
- Xylem, Inc.
Membership to the Corporate Associates program is based on an annual fee of $2,500.
All membership fees are exclusively used to fund the next generation of scientists and engineers who are conducting exciting new research related to water resources through NWRI graduate fellowships.
Support from the Corporate Associates Program has been instrumental in expanding the number of students we fund each year. In return, we share the summarized results of Fellowship-funded research with our Corporate Associates, and promote the Corporate Associates as sponsors of the Fellowship Program.
In 2011, we added the following new benefits to our Corporate Associates Program:
"Corporate Associates” e-newsletter that is sent out periodically, highlighting items such as:
- Pertinent publications or events within the industry that may be of interest to our Corporate Associates.
- Leading-edge research efforts and ideas.
- Opportunities to apply for grants with NWRI that are geared to organizations.
- And other useful items.
Continuing Corporate Associate benefits include:
- NWRI White Papers. Our “white paper” program is a cost-effective approach for highlighting important and timely topics, with an emphasis on the use of good science to inform policy decisions. Corporate Associates have the opportunity to co-sponsor the development of future white papers to promote new ideas and approaches.
- NWRI Conferences, Workshops, and Seminars. NWRI holds conferences and workshops to provide useful information and practical training to members of our community. We seek out opportunities to involve our Corporate Associates in these types of events, whether as sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, or collaborators. Corporate Associates also receive complimentary and/or discounted registration for NWRI events.
- Promotion as a Corporate Associate. We consistently promote our Corporate Associates as sponsors of the NWRI Corporate Associate and Fellowship programs in NWRI’s website, newsletter, and other promotional materials.
- Information Exchange. Our Corporate Associates receive access to research summaries from NWRI Fellowship recipients, information from NWRI research projects (including final project reports), and complementally copies of NWRI publications.
- Partnership Projects. We will provide opportunities for our Corporate Associates to partner with NWRI on events and projects on leading-edge issues.
Become an NWRI Corporate Associate
The cost to join the NWRI Corporate Associates Program is $2,500.
We encourage and invite companies to join the NWRI Corporate Associates Program, which provides a valuable information-exchange and networking opportunity among utilities, researchers, and corporations in the water industry. The Corporate Associates Program also supports the research of graduate students working to address water issues in the United States.
Click here to download a Corporate Associate application (Word Doc).
For more information about the NWRI Corporate Associates program, please contact:
National Water Research Institute
18700 Ward Street
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Main Phone: (714) 378-3278
Click here to email